This week was tough — I (Chris) struggled this episode. Maybe I brought Vinny down a little bit — a few minutes in, he seemed a little off, too. I don’t know what it is. Maybe the fact that we live in a world where a “principled, no-nonsense, tea-party conservative” just endorsed a “probable-democrat, definite-oligarch, reality television show star” for the Republican nomination for President. Or maybe because we — we as in the country; you know, US — are almost certainly intentionally bombing hospitals set up in war zones by a humanitarian organization. It might be due to the fact that #BIRTHERS are rearing their heads again, this time for a Canadian and not a “Kenyan.” What about a whole city that doesn’t have drinkable water? Or that people think a dead person can endorse someone for president? I don’t know, man. I can’t put my finger on what brought me down. My love for all of you kept me going, though. Always. –C
– Sarah Palin endorsed Donald Trump. The GOP primary season is almost at peak human centipede.
– I really, really want the Freedom Girls to change their name to Trumpyouth. Vinny wasn’t having it.
– Did you know Ted Cruz is totally not trying to hide the fact that he borrowed money from Goldman Sachs? Nosiree! Nothing to see here.
– Funfact: Rafael Edward Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Ted Cruz is also not trying to hide this.
– Chris’ new favorite news network announced it was shutting down less than 12 hours after Chris started to like it.
– MYSTERY SOLVED: Who was to blame for the first MSF hospital bombing in Kunduz? How about the flight crew who thought it was a bad idea to bomb the MSF hospital in Kunduz. Cool.
– HE DOES IT AGAIN! Jimmy Kimmel asked these people what they thought about this endorsement for president. What they said will leave you speechless! Like, share, and type AMEN if you agree!
– The water mess in Flint is only getting worse, and of course the EPA is involved now.
– Forget about whether or not the pool of nominees is diverse enough. Does anyone actually, like, for real care about the Oscars?
– Maybe Chris and Vinny should handle campus organizing for Bernie Sanders and not Shaun King. #guaranteedwinners
We love having friends of the show, and our second is Danny Chadwick. He’s a podcaster, too, and he was awesome enough to make a donation to Trinity Place Shelter! Thanks, Danny!
If you like our show, which, c’mon, of course you do, you need to also check out Danny’s show, “Down the Rabbit Hole” presented by Bag of Mad Bastards. Danny, along with his co-host Matt, have great conversations, including about the crazy and mysterious story of Elisa Lam. Check them out on iTunes.
FOR VINNY’S 40TH BIRTHDAY, PLEASE DONATE TO THE TRINITY PLACE SHELTER, A HOMELESS SHELTER FOR LGBTQ YOUTH, AT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
WHEN YOU’RE DONE, SHOOT AN EMAIL TO VINNYTHON@ISHORRIBLE.COM
We’re all over the internet now!
Show notes and other stuff at podcast.ishorrible.com
Chris on Twitter.com/chrisro
Vinny on Twitter.com/vincenzof
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Motherlode” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Photo: The Certificate of Birth of Rafael Edward Cruz, by Her Majesty the Queen’s Government in Alberta in Canada not in the United States