Snowmageddon? Snowpocalypse? Killerdeathstorm? Jonas? Whatever the name, it happened all over the East Coast of the U.S. this past weekend, so we had to talk about it at the top. I — Chris — got to experience the wonders of a season’s-worth-of-snow-in-less-than-36-hours in two East Coast cities, and I had some stories to tell. Vinny, well he apparently lives in the New York part of New Jersey, and a lot of people went out to get gas. All this snow still didn’t keep us from talking about some of this week’s big and little stories. All for you, puddin’ pop. Stay classy. -C
– As mentioned there was a lot of snow. New York? A lot of snow. Philly: A lot of snow. DC? Well, maybe, we don’t know. Probably? The plywood we use to measure snow at Reagan National Airport is missing, so there wasn’t a lot of snow. But the DC Metro
was prepared wasn’t prepared and was crippled until Tuesday morning, so there was. WHO KNOWS?????
– Even with all this snow, the Northeast is still not as white as the Oscars. Or maybe not. Ice Cube is cool with it.
– In case you were wondering: in Flint, it doesn’t get better. Michigan Governor Snyder released a document, and at first we thought it was a barcode. And interestingly, an EPA official has decided to spend more time with their family. Hmm. Interesting. Cool.
– Speaking of governments trying to cut costs, St. Louis didn’t do that at all. The
Los Angeles St. Louis Los Angeles Rams have no use for their stadium in St. Louis now, but the city and state are still on the hook to make multi-million dollar annual payments until 2022 for it. Eff St. Louis!
– Vinny fills us in on Operation Fast and Furious and why White House spokesperson Josh Earnest is probably full of it.
– Weekly MSF hospitals/ambulance/personnel getting bombed update.
– While we were recording, Donald Trump made it official that he
would not would would not be participating in the GOP debate this Thursday on Fox News Channel.
FOR VINNY’S 40TH BIRTHDAY, PLEASE DONATE TO THE TRINITY PLACE SHELTER, A HOMELESS SHELTER FOR LGBTQ YOUTH, AT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
WHEN YOU’RE DONE, SHOOT AN EMAIL TO VINNYTHON@ISHORRIBLE.COM
We’re all over the internet now!
Show notes and other stuff at podcast.ishorrible.com
Chris on Twitter.com/chrisro
Vinny on Twitter.com/vincenzof
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Motherlode” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Photo: December 24, 2016 at the intersection of I Street NW and 22nd Street NW in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, DC, by Chris Roberts